The Catechism's section on Confirmation says that Confirmation is the special outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Its effects are to:
- Root us more deeply in divine filiation (being children of God)
- Unites us more firmly to Christ
- Increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- Strengthens our bond with the Church
- Associates us more closely to her mission of bearing witness to Christ
- Helps us and more strictly obliges us to spread and defend the faith by word and deed
Student's focus is to learn more about their own faith through the assistance of a faith sponsor, provide service to the community, and continue in our journey as full members of the church .Confirmation is not an ending or a "graduation", but the reception of the last of the sacraments of initiation providing full membership into the church. Our students will receive this sacrament on Monday, May 14, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in the church.